This portion of the website contains information to support your graduate career, from initial registration to funding and development opportunities to graduation.
- The academic and administrative structure, policies and procedures of the University.
- Overview of procedures including inital registration, changes in status and enrollment in graduate courses.
- Financial information including fees and tuition, funding opportunities, and income tax reporting.
Thesis and Dissertation
- Guidelines and procedures from intial creation through to submission.
- Services and registrarial details pertinent to international students.
Visiting and Exchange Students
- Opportunities for current students to study at other institutions both in Canada and abroad.
Enhancing your Experience
- Professional development opportunities to support graduate student success.
- Overview of the network of support services available to graduate students.
- Resources and services to assist students throughout their graduate career.
|Important Dates for Summer Term for Students
- May 3
Fall/Winter [Y14-15] , Winter term [W15] exams end
- May 4
Deadline for students holding Thesis/Dissertation exams for June 2015 convovation
- May 12
Deadline to register for [S15]
- May 13
$200 late registration fee applied for [S15]
- May 18
Victoria Day – university closed
- May 19
Summer term [S1]/[SU] classes start
- May 25
Summer term [S15] fees due
- May 31
100% refund for Summer term
- June 2
Fall-Winter [F15]/[Y15-16] registration opens
last day to add [S1] course with instructor permission
last day to add [SU] course without instructor permission
- June 12-20
- June 15
80% refund date for Summer term
last day to submit petitions
all [W15} courses with blank grades converted to ‘F’
- June 16
last day to add [SU] term course with instructor permission
last day to drop [S1] course
- June 23
last day to drop [SU] course online
- June 26
[S15] online registration ends
- June 29
[S1] classes end
- June 30
40% refund for summer term
- July 1
Canada Day – university closed
- July 15
Deadline to submit change of status for [F15] term
- July 25
Deadline for Graduate Studies to receive recommendations for Oral examinations from graduate program directors for doctoral students expected to fulfill requirements for October 2015 convocation.
- July 30
Program withdrawal for failure to maintain continuous registration [S15]
- August 3
Simcoe Day – university closed
- August 4
Deadline for Graduate Studies to receive recommendations for Oral examinations from graduate program directors for Master’s students expected to fulfill requirements for October 2015 convocation.
- August 19
[SU] classes end
- August 21
Last day for student thesis/dissertation exams for October 2015 convocation
- August 25
Last date o upload Electronic Thesis & Dissertation for [S15] term
- August 28
Submissions of thesis/dissertations – Thesis/dissertation must be submitted and accepted in the ETD system by this date for students planning to convocate in October 2015