This portion of the website contains information to support your graduate career, from initial registration to funding and development opportunities to graduation.
- The academic and administrative structure, policies and procedures of the University.
- Overview of procedures including initial registration, changes in status and enrollment in graduate courses.
- Financial information including fees and tuition, funding opportunities, and income tax reporting.
Thesis and Dissertation
- Guidelines and procedures from intial creation through to submission.
- Services and registrarial details pertinent to international students.
Visiting and Exchange Students
- Opportunities for current students to study at other institutions both in Canada and abroad.
Enhancing your Experience
- Professional development opportunities to support graduate student success.
- Overview of the network of support services available to graduate students.
- Resources and services to assist students throughout their graduate career.
|Important Dates for Summer Term for Students
- May 2
Summer 2016 term begins
- May 9
Summer term (I1, J1, SU, S1, S3) classes start
- May 10
[SU16] fees payable and due
- May 15
Deadline for graduate programs to submit [W16] grades to Registrar's Office
- May 23
Holiday—Victoria Day—university closed
- May 31
100% refund for Summer [SU16] term
- June 7
Registration opens for [F16] and [W17] terms
- June 15
80% refund for summer term
- June 15
All [W16] term or [Y16-17] term courses with blank or incomplete grades converted to 'F'
- June 17–25
- June 24
Online registration for [SU16] term ends
- June 24
Last day to add or drop [SU16] term courses online
- June 30
40% refund for summer term
- July 1
Holiday—Canada Day—university closed
- July 15
Academic petitions—Deadline to submit change of status for [F16] term
- Deadline for the Office of the Dean, Graduate studies to receive recommendations for Oral examination from the graduate program directors for doctoral students expected to fulfill all Doctor of Philosophy requirements for October 2016 convocation
- July 29
Deadline for the Office of the Dean, Graduate studies to receive recommendations for Oral examination from the graduate program directors for Master’s students expected to fulfill all requirements for October 2016 convocation
- July 30
Program withdrawal for failure to maintain continuous registration [SU16]
- August 1
Holiday—Civic Holiday (Simcoe Day)—University closed
- August 8
[SU16] Summer term classes end
- August 16
Fall 2016 Registration deadline
- August 17
Fall 2016 Late fee applied on [F16] Registrations
- August 19
Last date for students to hold thesis/dissertation exams to fulfill requirements for October 2016 convocation
- August 26
Submissions of Thesis/Dissertation—Last date to upload Electronic Thesis & Dissertation for Summer 2016 term