David Hunter Jorgensen was a graduate of the Master's program in English at York University and a member of the Doctoral program. His family has established this award in his honour, to recognize a Master’s or Doctoral student with a physical disability.
Value and Duration
- One award of up to $5,000 (Subject to change)
- Full-time or part-time Master's or Doctoral with a disability;
- Financial need will be considered
- Must be a current student.
- Student Deadline: Applications are due to the graduate program office by December 6;
- Graduate program deadline: Must submit their nominations to the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies by December 13.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter Term
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following to their graduate program office:
- Award Application Form (.pdf)
- A brief statement indicating what difference the award would make to the applicant and a brief outline of the applicants’ financial status
- A medical statement outlining the disability or letter of accommodation from Student Accessibility Services confirming the physical disability
- Transcripts, unofficial or official (supplied by graduate program from admissions file), or can be a student copy downloaded from the student account. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Two letters of support