The Sunnuz Sarah Taheri Graduate Award in Fine Arts is awarded annually to students enrolled full-time in an MA or PhD program within the Department of Music in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design. Recipients must demonstrate outstanding academic merit and artistic excellence and by studying in one of the following areas: musical performance, performance studies, or composition. Preference will be given to students studying vocal performance.
Passionate about performing and making music since her childhood, Sunnuz Sarah Taheri had diverse tastes in musical styles including classical, jazz, soul, hip hop and more. Sunnuz sacrificed much of her short life so she could play music and sing. She also took an active role on issues relating to the environment, global conflicts, culture and furthering women's rights. The Sunnuz Sarah Taheri Graduate Award in the Fine Arts was established in Sunnuz's memory to help music and arts students to realize their full potential; she would wish them happiness and joy in their journey.
Value and Duration
- $5,000 (subject to change)
- full-time in an MA or PhD program within the Department of Music
- Domestic and international students are both eligible for this scholarship
- Interested applicants should contact the Graduate Program in Music for more information by no later than May 30
How to Apply
- Updated CV;
- A statement detailing their academic areas of study or performance and career plans, as well as how this award will support and enable their work and plans;
- A letter from supervisor;.
- A letter of nomination from the Graduate Program Director;
- Internal Transcripts.
- Graduate Program in Music
416 736-2100 ext. 77122