The York University Retirees' Association Graduate Award will be awarded to full-time Master's students who demonstrate financial need and either a strong commitment to volunteerism in the community or active engagement in a student leadership role.
The YURA award applications are available to eligible students in Faculties on a rotational basis. For 2018-19 year, the award is available for students enrolled in AMPD, LA&PS, Glendon and Education, and in 2019-20 year, for students in the Faculties of Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies and Health. For 2020-21, students in Business or Law will be eligible.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
Eligibility (for 2018-19)
- Full-time registered York graduate student in AMPD, LA&PS, Glendon and Education
- Actively engaged in volunteer activities or in a student leadership role;
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com by email to the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies, by November 26.
How to Apply
Students must submit the following:
- A completed Award Application form (.pdf)
- Student Financial Profile
- One–page outline from the applicant describing their volunteer or leadership role;
- A letter of recommendation from an organization they volunteer with (to be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- A academic reference letter from the student's supervisor or another faculty member(to be submitted directly to email@example.com).
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account for the Winter term.