Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) and NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS) provide financial support to high calibre scholars who are engaged in master’s or doctoral programs in the natural sciences or engineering. The CGS will be offered to the top–ranked applicants at each level (master’s and doctoral) and the next tier of meritorious applicants will be offered an NSERC PGS. This support allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies and seek out the best research mentors in their chosen fields.
Value and Duration
- PGS D - $21,000 per year up to 3 years
- CGS D - $35,000 per year up to 3 years
- Deadline for students to submit transcripts to their programs: Oct 5
Deadline for programs to save scanned transcripts to share drive: Oct 10
- Final Deadline for students to complete online application: Oct 13
How to Apply
- Online Application
- Doctoral: Refer to NSERC website for Doctoral documentation. Submit your transcripts to your program by October 5, 2017 and your finalized application by October 13, 2017
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
350 Albert Street, Ottawa
613-995-4273 (online support)
Last Updated July 24, 2017.