Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) and NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS) provide financial support to high calibre scholars who are engaged in master’s or doctoral programs in the natural sciences or engineering. The CGS will be offered to the top–ranked applicants at each level (master’s and doctoral) and the next tier of meritorious applicants will be offered an NSERC PGS. This support allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies and seek out the best research mentors in their chosen fields.
Value and Duration
- PGS D - $21,000 per year up to 3 years
- CGS D - $35,000 per year up to 3 years
- Deadline for students to submit transcripts: Oct 2 (see instructions below)
- Final Deadline for students to complete online application: Oct 9
*Please note that the NSERC doctoral application requires that the university upload your transcripts on your behalf. Please upload your transcripts here in the exact format you would like your transcripts to be attached to your NSERC application.
How to Apply
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
350 Albert Street, Ottawa
613-995-4273 (online support)