Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long–Term Care, a Scholar Awards Program in Women’s Health has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre–eminent women’s health scholars. The community of women’s health scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge about women’s health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system .
Value and Duration
- Master’s Awards — $25,000 plus $1,000 research allowance
- Doctoral Awards — $35,000 plus $2,000 research allowance
- Postdoctoral Awards — $50,000 plus $5,000 research allowance
- December 2 (for first time applications)
- January 15 (for renewal applications)
How to Apply
- Application Form
- A curriculum vitae (including information concerning the eligibility criteria)
- A statement of research to be undertaken during the period of graduate study (maximum of 1000 words). There must also be an additional non–technical summary (maximum 500 words). These statements must be written by the candidate
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts. These may be either official transcripts sent directly by the Registrar’s office of the issuing university, or copies verified and certified as accurate by the Registrar’s office of the Ontario university of current registration
Confidential letters from two assessors (for Master’s and Doctoral applicants). These appraisals should focus on an evaluation of the applicant’s research to date. The applicant must ask for the appraisals to be transmitted electronically directly to the Scholarship and Awards Coordinator
*If you are a current holder of this award and would like to apply for renewal, please follow the instructions here. The confidential letter must be transmitted electronically directly to the Scholarship and Awards Coordinator .
- Assemble and submit an electronic application package to the Scholarship and Awards Coordinator
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances