Who Might Want to Consider Payroll Deduction?
- PhD students in their sixth year and beyond
- International PhD students with TA assignments
- Graduate students using a Debt Repayment Agreement
If the above does not apply to your situation, and you are still interested in signing up, you may still do so by completing the online form below.
Deadline to Request Payroll Deduction
Request your tuition fee payment by payroll deduction through our online system. Full-time graduate students receiving an assistantship (TA, GA, RA) over the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms may complete an on–line request for tuition fee payment by payroll deduction before September 10, 2017. After the fall deadline, students may apply for Payroll Deduction for the Fall term.
For International Students: Due to the varied tuition rates for international students, payroll deduction for international students will be available at one set payment rate. International students who sign up for payroll deduction should be aware that signing up for payroll deduction will not reduce the entire tuition debt, however, it will provide you with the opportunity to make regular payments, while receiving interest relief.
For All Students:
- If you are the recipient of a scholarship, that money will be applied to your student account, and will further reduce your debt.
- We encourage you to check your student account regularly, so you are aware of your outstanding tuition fees.
- Students are responsible to ensure they have paid the full balance of their fees by the end of the academic term.
- Please note that students with a debt of more than $1,000 at the end of the academic term will be blocked from enrolling in future terms until the debt is brought down to below $1,000 or a debt repayment agreement is in place.
- Must be registered as a full-time graduate student at York University (excluding MBA/IMBA students)
- Must be receiving an assistantship (TA, GA. RA) paid through York University payroll
- Must not be receiving an award or scholarship of greater than $5,000 (domestic students only)
- Must not be receiving OSAP assistance
- Online Application
- Log-in to Passport York; your personal information should auto-populate in the form.
- Student must provide either their employee number, or Social Insurance Number.
- Select the category applicable to you, from the drop down menu.
- Accept the statements and payment plan.
- Click “Submit”.
- Once your request has been successfully submitted, print a copy for your records.
- Monthly deductions will begin September 25, 2017 and end April 25, 2018
- There is no fee for this service and no interest charges will be levied for the duration of the plan for graduate students who have signed up for the payroll deduction plan.
- You must be registered as a full-time student for the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms (excluding MBA/IMBA students) and be receiving an assistantship paid through York payroll to be eligible for tuition fee payment by payroll deduction.
- If you are a domestic student receiving an award or scholarship of greater than $5,000 or OSAP assistance for these terms, you do not need to submit a payroll deduction plan as your fees will be covered through the award, scholarship or OSAP assistance.
- If you are experiencing difficulties, or wish to cancel or revise this payment plan, please visit the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies in 230 York Lanes.
Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 Payroll Deduction Plan
|Academic and Registration Fees|
For Fall 2017 and Winter 2018
|Domestic Master's or Doctoral|
New or Continuing Student: Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 $1,854.34 & $15 registration fee
Total Payroll Deduction Plan: $3,738.68
|International Master's or Doctoral
New or Continuing Student: Please see note under "Attention International Students" above.
Total Payroll Deduction Plan: $4,000.00
|Monthly Payment Schedule|
September 2017 to April 2018