Budgeting, Hiring & Supervision
The Faculty of Graduate Studies has created tools to help supervisors and research administrators to plan for and support successful postdoctoral visitor positions:
Salary, Benefit and Budgeting Information
- Budgeting to fund a postdoctoral visitor? See: Salary, Benefit and Attendance Information—PDVs (.pdf)
- PDF vs PDV Benefits Information—see: PDF vs PDV Benefits Packages (.pdf)
Vacation and Leave Entitlements
- Seeking information about postdoctoral visitors' entitlements, such as vacation, medical leave, family medical leave and bereavement leave? See: Salary, Benefit and Attendance Information—PDVs (.pdf)
Job Description Template
- Creating a job description for a postdoctoral visitor position? See: Job Description Template for a Postdoctoral Visitor at York (.docx)
Hiring a PDV
- If you wish to hire a PDV, please contact the Dean's Office in your Faculty to let them know. Your faculty Dean will need to approve and sign off on any postdoctoral hire.
- Please see detailed instructions/procedures here.
- Creating a Contract/Letter of Appointment? Please work with the Dean's Office in your Faculty to complete a Letter of Offer for your PDV, to be signed by both PDV and Faculty Dean. For your reference, see: PDV letter of offer template (.pdf)
Tracking Absences and Leaves
- Looking for a system to record and track absences taken by a PDV? See: Absence Tracking Sheet (.xls)
Optional Progress Evaluation Template
- Interested in using a semi-annual progress evaluation process, if desired by the PDV and supervisor? See: Progress Report Template for a Postdoctoral Visitor at York (.docx)
The tools and templates above are not required procedures, but may be used if desired. They are made available as a service to support best practices for postdoctoral visitorships.