Innovation. Research. Impact.
To excel in your field, you need the strong foundation that comes from rigorous scholarship, the motivation that comes from passionate mentors, the stability that comes from solid academic and financial support and the freedom that comes from diverse perspectives and plenty of room to think beyond conventions.
At York University, you’ll find your footing in a community of like-minded learners pushing the boundaries of knowledge to make excellence and equity matter in the wider world. Build your skills, sharpen your insights, make an impact.
Points of Pride
- Higher Education Strategy Associates ranked York one of the top 10 universities in Canada for research impact.
- A total of $18.9 million in research grants awarded by the SSHRC and partners and $9.8 million from NSERC speak to this significance.
- York boasts 25 active Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada, including one of the youngest to be inducted, the poet and scholar Priscila Uppal, as well as an allocation of 36 Canada
Research Chairs and 28 Distinguished Research Professors.
- Work at 24 interdisciplinary research centres and institutes is pushing the boundaries of knowledge further every day, whether at the world-renowned York Centre for Vision Research, the Nathanson Centre on Transnational Human Rights, Crime & Security, or the cutting-edge Sensorium: Centre for Digital Arts & Technology.
- As one of the 20 greenest universities in the world, York is proud to house the first Faculty of Environmental Studies in Canada, and to offer a specialized MBA in Business & Sustainability.
- York researchers in Science and in Engineering are leaders in environmental and sustainability research, investigating air composition, climate change and Arctic sea ice.
- In early 2015, five York alumni were included on the Corporate Knights Top 30 Under 30 list of leaders with a proven track record in sustainable development.
- The Las Nubes Project in Costa Rica aims to protect rainforest biodiversity and foster sustainable development in local communities, including coffee plantations.
Innovative Programs and State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Enhance your skills with unique professional programs in Disaster & Emergency Management, Financial Accountability, Human Resources Management and Information Systems & Technology.
- Study with the best in globally top-ranked programs in Earth & Space Science & Engineering, Education, English, Geography, History, Law, Philosophy, Physics and Psychology, or in our Biological and Computer Vision labs.
- Join the finely equipped, cross‑disciplinary School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, with programs located at the convergence of art, science and technology.
- Use 120,000 sq. ft. of labs for advanced biomedical and cellular imaging in the four-storey Life Sciences Building.
- Shape the future in the iconic 169,000-sq. ft. Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence.
Make your degree your own at York University, and join the ranks of more than 270,000 proud alumni worldwide.