With one of the largest and finest cohorts of graduate students in the country, York’s Faculty of Graduate Studies has the resources and ambition to provide the strong administrative and financial support that is necessary to facilitate a first-rate student experience.
York boasts teachers and researchers making remarkable discoveries and contributions to knowledge each and every day. Exceptional programs in humanities, social sciences, business, science, fine arts, health and the environment help facilitate lifelong achievements and partnerships. Make your degree your own at York University, and join the ranks of more than 270,000 proud alumni.
- 4th in Ontario for research impact
- Canada’s largest and most diverse Psychology program
- In 2013, York-led research projects and graduate students were awarded more than $19.5 million from SSHRC and partners
- 61 NSERC awards have been granted to researchers at York University, totaling more than $8 million in grants
- Innovative Fine Arts programs and performance facilities
- International dual-degree opportunities
- Recently opened Life Sciences Building, and the Lassonde School of
- Engineering Building opening in 2015
- MBA degree on the first campus of an international business school in India
- 5,900 graduate students enrolled annually
- When it comes to graduate education, York University is always moving forward.
Consider the Possibilities
- Innovative interdisciplinary programs in emerging health fields including Health Policy & Equity and Critical Disability Studies.
- Our Master’s of Conference Interpreting degree program, with language pairings including English/Spanish; English/Portuguese; English/Mandarin and English/French.
- Renowned studio and performance Fine Arts programs in state-of-the-art Dance, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts facilities.
- The newly established Lassonde School of Engineering dedicated to next-generation education in global engineering.
- Professional programs in Human Resources Management, Financial Accountability, Information Systems & Technology and Disaster & Emergency Management.
- Globally acknowledged excellence in History, Political Science, Education, Psychology and Economics.
- Unique to Canada, our PhD in Environmental Studies.
- Master of Education with a focus on Urban Aboriginal Education.
- Our new Teaching Commons, which supports graduate students in their teaching and learning activities.
- Our new MBA stream in Global Mining Management, offered by our Schulich School of Business.