Graduate Student Association
Representing over 6,100 full- and part-time graduate students at York University, the York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA) is organized around principles of accessibility, social justice, and equity as it works to improve the learning, teaching, and working environments for all graduate students at York University. The YUGSA is dedicated to providing advocacy and support to all members across various graduate departments on this campus. As a student union, the YUGSA is committed to representing graduate students’ diverse interests and defending and advancing students’ and workers’ rights across and beyond York’s campuses.
Beyond these, and many more campaigns and initiatives, the YUGSA also exists to support our members collectively. The YUGSA offers a variety of services for graduate students. These services include:
- A health plan for those not covered under collective agreements
- Academic Funds for conference travel, skills development, and thesis support
- Dependant Bursaries to ease the pressure of taking care of a dependant while studying
- Structural funding distributed through departmental graduate student associations
- The administration of the Grad Lounge and Grad Café (166 & 167 South Ross)
- Interest-free emergency loans
- Photocopying and faxing services
- International Student Identity Cards (ISIC)
- Advocacy for individual students
Please visit York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA) for more information.