Sport and Recreation provides you with diverse programming that will meet your needs, interests and aspirations. By offering multiple levels of participation, from recreational classes to intramurals, you can take advantage of opportunities based on your time commitment, skills and personal development goals.
With the purchase of a shoe tag, students have unlimited access to the Fitness Centre and more than 30 aerobics/cross-training classes. Instructional classes are also available in a variety of disciplines for an additional cost. Students can also play pick-up sports during casual recreation times and/or join an intramural team.
- 40+ interuniversity sport teams competing in OUA and CIS
- 50+ instructional courses each semester, from dance and yoga to karate and first aid
- 4 gymnasia
- Canlan lce Sports York: 6 hockey rinks, including 5 NHL-sized and 1 international-sized rink
- Toronto Track & Field Centre: outdoor, eight-lane Chevron track and throwing paddock; indoor, five-lane, 200-metre oval; eight-lane, 60-metre sprint and hurdle runway; heavy-weight training room
- 2 softball fields
- 5 dance/aerobic studios
- 11,000-square-foot Tait McKenzie Centre recreation facility, with 3 gyms, 1 pool, a fitness centre and studios for instructional classes
- 25-metre swimming pool
Please visit Sport and Recreation for more information.
York University is home to more than 400 student-athletes competing on 19 different teams in 11 sports.
Student-athletes at York have been competing against rival institutions on the Canadian sport scene for over 40 years. Since the inception of organized interuniversity competition in 1965, York has won 166 provincial banners and 30 national titles.