The Charles Caccia Graduate Award in Sustainable Development is awarded to graduate students at the Faculty of Environment and Urban Change, York University, to support their research related to environmental and sustainable development. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
- Full-time incoming Master’s or Doctoral York graduate student
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research in environmental and sustainable development;
- Academic accomplishments
- Financial need
- An outstanding academic record (minimum B-average)
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Graduate program deadline: Program nomination, with complete documentation, is due to the Scholarship and Awards Coordinator in FGS by April 27. The Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards Committee will review nominees for eligibility.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Students must be nominated by their graduate program
Graduate Program Responsibility
- The admissions committee in the Graduate Program in Environmental Studies is encouraged to review all admission applications to the program to identify eligible students for nomination
- Encouraged to use this significant award to help persuade top applicants researching environment and sustainable development within the Graduate Program of Environmental Studies to accept an offer of admission from York University
- Programs will identify potential nominees and request the appropriate documentation
- Meet prior to April 1 to identify the nominee for the following academic year
Note: students cannot apply directly to FGS. They must be nominated by their Graduate Program.
- Nominate a maximum of two files to FGS in rank order
- Statement of research
- Transcripts (supplied by graduate program from admissions file)
- Completed online Student Financial Profile
- Letter of nomination (supplied by graduate program director)
- Please contact the Faculty of Environment and Urban Change: email@example.com