The Carswell Scholarships will be awarded to an incoming PhD student in the Faculty of Science, who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement.
Value and Duration
- Up to 6 awards of $10,000 each (Subject to change)
- Must be an Incoming Doctoral student in the Faculty of Science
- Domestic or international
- Student deadline: all documents must be handed in the Graduate Program Director by March 15.
How to Apply
Students must submit the following electronically to their Graduate Program Director (cc Graduate Program Assistant) by the deadline:
- Personal statement indicating their career vision and research direction (500 words);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts (From admissions file and student file; Graduate Program Assistant can help);
- Two supporting letters, one from the student's supervisor and one from another professor (Second letter may be from York or elsewhere).
**Please mention in subject line: Application for The Carswell Scholarships in the Faculty of Science
- Each program in the Faculty of Science will nominate, adjudicate and rank their candidates and send their top two candidates to the Associate Dean Research & Graduate Education.
- The Carswell Scholarships in Science will be adjudicated by the Dean of the Faculty of Science.
- Graduate Program Assistant or Graduate Program Director of student’s program.