The Carswell Scholarships will be awarded to incoming Doctoral students in the Lassonde School of Engineering, who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $10,000
- Must be an Incoming (Fall 2021) Doctoral student in the Lassonde School of Engineering
- Domestic or international
- May 31, 2021
How to Apply
Interested individuals may apply to this scholarship using the Lassonde Fluid Review website. This is an online application system. .
To login into the application system, applicants must sign up by creating an account. Applicants can build their application through multiple visits to the system and save their application as they progress through the form.
- Personal statement indicating their career vision and research direction (500 words)
- Transcripts (From admissions file and student file; Graduate Program Assistant can help)
- Two letters of support: one from the student's supervisor and one preferably from an external source (both letters are expected to be from academic sources)
- All applications will be assessed by the Lassonde Awards Committee.
- The committee will take into consideration the student's GPA and commitment to research as demonstrated in the letters of support and personal statement.
- In addition, the committee will consider how the proposed research aligns with the Strategic Priorities of LE, and the opportunity for the new scholar to forge collaborations between Lassonde and other research areas at York.
Almey Tse Soriano
Manager, Graduate Studies