The Chancellor Bennett Doctoral Scholarship for Liberal Arts is available to a student entering a full-time PhD program who has achieved a minimum admission average of an A and is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person and is an Ontario resident* who demonstrates financial need. The scholarship is renewable for a maximum of four years provided the recipient has maintained satisfactory progress.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $20,000 (Subject to change)
- Renewable for a maximum of four years
- Student entering a full-time Doctoral program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies;
- Must be an incoming student;
- Must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident and/or protected person who is a resident of Ontario;
- Must have achieved a minimum admission average of A;
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Student have to be nominated by their Graduate Programs. Faculty of Graduate Studies does not receive applications directly from students through the Admissions Process.
- Graduate Program Deadline: nominations are due to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by March 1.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Graduate programs must submit the following to the Faculty of Graduate Studies for each nominee:
- A confidential letter of nomination in a sealed envelope from their graduate program director
- A statement of research (maximum 2 pages - can be retrieved from the admissions file)
- A copy (from YDM-L or a photocopy will be accepted) of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A completed online Student Financial Profile. For incoming students, a completed PDF version of Student Financial Profile (.pdf)
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account.