This research costs award is open to York graduate students engaged in researching some aspect of pacifism or non-violence (biographical, historical, international, philosophical, political, religious, social action, etc., or some combination of the above). The award will assist graduate students with travel costs and other related research expenses in Canada and abroad.
Value and Duration
- $2,500 (subject to change)
- Full-time or part-time York graduate students engaged in research involving some aspect of pacifism or non-violence
- Both domestic and international students are eligible
Expenses eligible under this fund
- Research project consumables (on a cost reimbursable basis) such as: travel, accommodation, photocopying, etc. No equipment, capital, or salary costs. Please note that gratuities (i.e. tips) cannot be reimbursed and Per Diems, incidentals and other meal expenses will not be eligible. These claims should be entered on a York University expenses claim form.
- Applications are due by March 25, 2021.
How to Apply
- The applications for Martin Cohnstaedt Graduate Research Award for Studies in Non-Violence are accepted through the Fieldwork Cost Fund application portal. To apply, please complete and submit the Fieldwork Cost Fund application according to the instruction, and separately;
- Submit an Award Application form online by the deadline.
230 York Lanes
Office of the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies
(416) 736-2100 ext. 33954