The Susan Crocker and John Hunkin Scholarship in the Fine Arts will be awarded to new MFA/MA/MDes students, beginning a degree in a Fine Arts program in York University's Faculty of Graduate Studies. Recipients must have a minimum "B" average, be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, Ontario residents*, and must demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- The award is valued at $10,000 but the number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund.
- Incoming full-time registered Master's or doctoral York graduate student;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons
- Residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research in the area of fine arts;
- Academic accomplishments;
- Financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- This award is adjudicated by the School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD). A call for nominations from AMPD Graduate Programs will be announced during the winter term. Nominations must be submitted by Graduate Programs to the AMPD Research Officer by the due date specified in the call for nominations. This is usually around March 1, which means that students should let their Graduate Program Director know if they would like to be considered well in advance of this date.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards Committee will review eligibility before confirming recipients.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Since this award is for Fine Arts related graduate students only, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design through the Associate Dean Research will provide additional information regarding the process for adjudication
- Students cannot apply directly to FGS. They must be nominated by their Graduate Program.
- Statement of research
- Transcripts, unofficial or official, (supplied by graduate program from admissions file), or can be a student copy downloaded from the student account. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies
- Completed online Student Financial Profile
- Letter of nomination (supplied by Graduate Program Director)
T 416.736.2100 x. 77117