York University established this graduate award in memory of the 14 women who died tragically at the Ecole Polytechnique on December 6, 1989.
The award is designed to encourage women to enter science disciplines. The scholarship will be offered to an entering, full–time female candidate in a program of study leading to the degree of a Master of Science.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- One award of $2,500
- Entering full–time female candidate in a program of study leading to a degree of a Master of Science;
- Demonstrated superior academic ability;
- GPA of A or higher.
- Students have to be nominated by their Graduate Programs. Faculty of Graduate Studies does not receive applications directly from students through the Admissions Process.
- Graduate Program Deadline: nominations are due to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by March 1.
How to Apply
Student must submit:
- A completed Award Application form (.pdf)
- A letter of nomination from the Graduate Program Director;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Recent transcripts (supplied by the graduate program from Admissions file)
- Two letters of reference (supplied by the graduate program from Admissions file)
- Graduate programs must then submit their nominations to the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies by March 1. Graduate Programs can nominate no more than two students each year. If two students are nominated the program is required to submit a ranking of the nominations.
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipients, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e-mail and post the award to the successful applicants’ student account over the upcoming academic year.