This scholarship assists York students returning to university from a work or family career, who are pursuing a graduate degree in interdisciplinary studies or in interdisciplinary fields such as education, social work or women's studies. Preference will be given to those whose studies focus on women's studies. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Preference will be given to first year students but continuing graduate students will be considered in instances where there are no suitable incoming candidates.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- Up to 3 awards of $6,100 each (Subject to change)
- Full–time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- A GPA of an A or higher in the last two years of full-time studies;
- Confirmation of financial need;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person who is a resident of Ontario;
- Preference will be given to first year students but continuing graduate students will be considered in instances where there are no suitable incoming candidates.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter term
- Student deadline: December 6
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): December 21
How to Apply
Students must submit the following through the Award Submission Portal:
- A completed Award Application form (.pdf).The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award.
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- And complete online Student Financial Profile
Scholarship & Awards Coordinator
230 York Lanes
Office of the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies
(416) 736-2100 ext. 33954