The Roderick Guthrie Graduate Scholarship will be awarded to an incoming or continuing full-time graduate student in a Master's or PhD level of study at the Lassonde School of Engineering whose area of study/research is related to Process Engineering Metallurgy and/or related Environmental/Energy Issues.
Value and Duration
- One award of $5,000
- Incoming or continuing full-time graduate (masters or doctoral) student ;
- Areas of study/research must be related to Process Engineering Metallurgy and/or related Environmental/Energy Issues;
- Minimum grade point average of 'A';
- In case of incoming students: must have participated in engineering activities related to their study;
- In case of current students: must demonstrate a high level of research and academic performance through their participation in teaching, presentations (conferences/seminars), or publishing of research papers.
- May 4
How to Apply
Continuing students must submit the following electronically to their graduate program by the deadline:
- a statement of research;
- a CV;
- academic transcripts (from admissions and/or student file—Graduate Program Assistant can help with this).
Graduate programs may identify potential incoming candidates and request them to submit required documents. Program will rank order if submitting multiple applications.
The Lassonde School of Engineering awards adjudication committee will select a successful recipient no later than July 30 for disbursement in the following Fall term of the academic year.
The Graduate Program will inform the successful candidate, and forward all the pertinent details to the Scholarships & Awards Coordinator at FGS, who will check for candidate eligibility and post the funds to the student account.
Almey Tse Soriano
Manager, Graduate Studies
Lassonde School of Engineering