The Victor Hedges Graduate Scholarship will be awarded to graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence and are pursuing studies and research in British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- up to $12,500
- Demonstrate academic excellence (A average);
- Students whose research focuses on British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community;
- Preference given to incoming students; however current students will be considered;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons who are residents of Ontario*;
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form : the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Also separately, online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.
230 York Lanes
Faculty of Graduate Studies
(416) 736-2100 ext. 33954