Awarded to an in-coming MES/LLB student to the Faculty of Environmental Studies who has the highest combination of grade point average and LSATscores. The recipient must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person, an Ontario resident* and demonstrate financial need. This award was established in honour of Jim MacNeill's outstanding contribution to promoting sustainable development.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
- Full-time registered Master's student in the MES/JD joint program
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario
- Selection criteria includes:
- Incoming MES/JD student
- Academic accomplishments
- Financial need
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Graduate program deadline: Program nomination, with complete documentation, is due to FGS by August 15. The Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards Committee will review nominees for eligibility.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Students must be nominated by their graduate program
Graduate Program Responsibility
- The admissions committee in the Graduate Program in Environmental Studies is encouraged to review all admission applications to the program to identify eligible students for nomination
- Encouraged to use this significant award to help persuade top applicants within the Graduate Program in Environmental Studies joint program to accept an offer of admission from York University
- Programs will identify potential nominees and request the appropriate documentation
- Nominate a maximum of one file to FGS
- Statement of research
- Transcripts, unofficial or official, (supplied by graduate program from admissions file), or can be a student copy downloaded from the student account. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies
- Completed online Student Financial Profile. For incoming students, completed
- Student Financial Profile for the upcoming academic year.
- Letter of nomination (supplied by graduate program director)
- Graduate Program Director
Graduate Program in Environmental Studies
Phone: 416-736-2100 Ext. 40055