The Jaclyn and Michelle Marcus Award will be given to a York University graduate student who is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person, and is an Ontario resident* who demonstrates financial need. This award celebrates student volunteerism. It is available to students who demonstrate volunteerism through charitable work at York University or in the broader community.
Value and Duration
- Up to one award of $1,250 each (Subjected to change)
- Full-time registered Master’s or Doctoral York student;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person and resident of Ontario;
- Must demonstrate financial need;
- Must demonstrate volunteerism through charitable work at York University or in the broader community.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter Term
- Student deadline: December 6
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): December 21
How to Apply
Students must submit the following through the Award Submission Portal:
- A completed Award Application form (.pdf).The applicant's statement section should outline the applicant's experience with volunteerism.
- And complete online Student Financial Profile
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account.