The Vernon Oliver Stong Graduate Scholarships in Science are available to graduate students enrolled in their first year of Masters or first year of Doctoral studies in the field of science (excluding engineering). The scholarships will be awarded primarily on the basis of research excellence and academic performance but students must also demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- Full-time registered graduate student in the Faculty of Science
- Must be either in Year 1 of Masters or Year 1 of Doctoral studies at the time of application
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Minimum grade point average of B+ over the last two academic years
- June 15, 2019
How to Apply
Students must submit the following electronically to their Graduate Program Director (cc Graduate Program Assistant) by the deadline:
- Complete Student Financial Profile (for Summer 2019 term)
- Personal statement indicating their career vision and research direction (500 words)
- Transcripts (previous transcripts can be from admissions file if no information has changed on them; Graduate Program Assistant can help)
- Two supporting letters, one from the student's supervisor and one from another professor (second letter may be from York or elsewhere)
Please mention in the subject line: Application for The Vernon Oliver Stong Graduate Scholarships in Science.
- Each program in the Faculty of Science will assess and rank their candidates and send their top two candidates to the Associate Dean Research & Graduate Education.
- Scholarships will be assessed and adjudicated by the Awards Committee in the Faculty of Science.
- Graduate Program Assistant or Graduate Program Director of student’s program.