The goal of the Zdenka Volavka Research Fellowship is to stimulate and support the study of the art history of the indigenous peoples of Africa and North America through fieldwork and to provide opportunities for comparative study through field activities and related collections research.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- Up to 3 awards of $6,000 each (Subject to change)
- Full–time registered York graduate student;
- Students must be engaged or propose to engage in field–based art historical research, which may include comparative study through collections as well as field activities, focusing on the art of the indigenous peoples of Africa and/or North America.
- Student deadline: December 6
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): December 21
How to Apply
Students must submit the following through the Award Submission Portal:
- A completed Award Application form (.pdf).The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award.
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- One letter of reference (to be submitted directly to email@example.com)
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account.