The York University Retirees' Association Graduate Award will be awarded to full-time Master's students who demonstrate financial need and either a strong commitment to volunteerism in the community or active engagement in a student leadership role.
The YURA award applications are available to eligible students in Faculties on a rotational basis. For 2020-21, students in Business or Law will be eligible. For 2021-22 year, the award is available for students enrolled in AMPD, LA&PS, Glendon and Education, and in 2022-23 year, for students in the Faculties of Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies and Health.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
Eligibility (for 2020-21)
- Full-time registered York Master's student in Business or Law
- Actively engaged in volunteer activities or in a student leadership role;
- A minimum academic standing of B+
- Demonstrate financial need.
- November 20
How to Apply
Students must submit the following through the Award Submission Portal:
- A completed Award Application Form (.pdf). The applicant's statement section should describe their experience in a volunteer or student leadership role;
- A copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable),
- A letter of reference attesting to their community/student life involvement, to be submitted with the Award Application Form.
- Complete online Student Financial Profile; Students in Schulich School of Business should complete Schulich Bursary Application ;
- Provide an academic reference letter attesting academic ability in the program (to be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account for the Winter term.
230 York Lanes
Office of the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies
(416) 736-2100 ext. 33954