In recognition of the importance of research dissemination to the academic development of graduate students, the Graduate Development Fund (GDF) supports costs related to the dissemination of scholarly or creative work.
NOTE: Due to the travel restrictions currently in place, this cycle of GDF will support expenses related to research dissemination. Eligible expenses include but are not limited to conference registration fees, and activities related to research dissemination to academic and non-academic audiences.
Value and Duration
- Allocation amounts will be based on the eligible expenses up to a maximum of $1,000 per student per adjudication cycle, subject to the availability of funds.
- For travel support, allocations will vary based on distance of travel and mode of transportation. Students are expected to use the most economical option available.
- Graduate students registered full-time or part-time at York University, except for students registered in any graduate program affiliated with the Schulich School of Business or Osgoode Professional Development at Osgoode Hall Law School.
Normally, students must be registered as York graduate students on the date of application and the date the expenses are incurred.
- Transportation costs necessary to present scholarly or creative work at recognized events, e.g., conferences, colloquia, poster presentations and exhibitions
- Conference registration fees
- Expenses related to dissemination activities of scholarly or creative work to academic and non-academic audiences
- Expenses that are incurred within the seven (7) months prior to the application deadline or the six (6) months after the application deadline
- Costs for which students are remunerated or reimbursed by a third party are not eligible.
Please note that students are required to retain receipts or confirmation of payment and provide them when requested.
There is one competition per year:
- Award launch date: February 3, 2021
- Deadline: March 25, 2021
- Applications received incomplete or after the published deadlines will not be considered
- The applicant completes the online GDF application form (Passport York login required). The following materials need to be uploaded to the online portal:
- For conference presentations,
- call for papers/submissions and/or information on the event, and
- confirmation/proof of event acceptance (for example communication from event organisers), and
- Proof of payment (or estimate if the expense has not been incurred)
- For other dissemination activities, proof of expense or estimate if the expense has not been incurred.
- Applicants will be notified by email. For successful applicants, awarded funds will be posted to student account upon notification if the expenses have been incurred. Future expenses will be posted when incurred.
- Graduate Program Office
Last updated February 2, 2021