Awards will be offered annually to the women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records.
Women registered in Master's or PhD programs at any Member Institution of Universities Canada within a designated region are eligible to be nominated. Regions and number of awards are defined as follows, and eligibility shall rotate among them:
- Ontario (2019)–5 awards;
- Western provinces (2020)–4 awards;
- Quebec (2021)–4 awards;
- Atlantic provinces (2022)–4 awards.
Deadline (internal deadline for York nomination)
- November 20, 2018
- Outstanding academic performance
- Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
- executive positions in student organizations;
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees);
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.;
- involvement in advocacy groups;
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
How to Apply
- Biographical Data (see below)
- A curriculum vitae (including information concerning the eligibility criteria)
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts. These may be either official transcripts or copies verified and certified as accurate by the Registrar’s office.
- Students can contact their Graduate Program Assistant to access previous transcripts from admissions file.
- Students must get updated official transcripts from Registrar's office for the current term.
- Three letters of reference The applicant must ask for the appraisals to be transmitted electronically directly to Scholarships and Awards Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Assemble (in order of required documents listed above) and submit an electronic application package to Scholarships and Awards Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The FGS Awards Committee will select one nominee to be forwarded to the Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada by January 17, 2019. All applicants will be notified of the nomination result by the end of January 2019.
Please visit the award program website for more information.