Our mission is we deliver and champion excellence in service, support and advocacy for people with spinal cord injuries. The position involves meeting with Spinal Cord Injury Ontario clients and stakeholders to ascertain what services they use/provide in their area and what gaps exist.
This position will be located at:
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
520 Sutherland Drive, Toronto M4G 3V9
With provincial travel.
(two positions are available)
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario has 16 offices across the province. We provide consistent, holistic, individualized and quality assured programs and services including: Peer Support, Regional Services, Membership, Advocacy, Knowledge Enterprise, Public Policy, Employment Services (in the GTA), and Attendant Services (in the GTA).
Value and Duration
- $10,000 for 14, 35–hour weeks
- 2 positions available
- Advanced research skills;
- Experience with interviews with service recipients and service providers;
- An understanding of health and community services;
- Effective communication skills;
- Community service/urban planning background/experience;
- Familiarity with issues facing a person with disability in accessing services an asset.
The position involves meeting with Spinal Cord Injury Ontario clients and stakeholders to ascertain what services they use/provide in their area and what gaps exist.
- Conduct environmental scans on local service providers and related technologies that assist in service delivery. Develop questionnaires, conduct and transcribe interviews. Analyze results.
- Work with our Regional Services Coordinators to access clients, conduct, record and transcribe interviews and analyze findings.