The Research Assistant will support the Project Manager with knowledge mobilization related to the Community Energy Knowledge Action Partnership (CEKAP), as well as the Ontario Climate Symposium 2017. CEKAP is a multi-stakeholder collaborative of municipal governments, academic researchers, and non-profit think tanks that aims to advance low carbon community energy planning in Canadian municipalities. The Ontario Climate Symposium is an annual event designed to bring together academics, policy makers and practitioners to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing. The OCC Secretariat is managing CEKAP and the Ontario Climate Symposium on behalf of its municipal and academic partners.
This position is a 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday to Friday work week, however there is some availability to work remotely (out–of–office).
Value and Duration
- 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Details to be discussed with Consortium
- Graduate level student in Environmental Studies, Geography, or a related discipline;
- Specialized knowledge of, or interest in, climate change, land use planning and energy policy at the municipal scale in Ontario and Canada;
- Strong communication skills, particularly written;
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize tasks;
- Competency with Microsoft office suite (particularly word, excel, and PowerPoint);
- 3+ years of work experience in a professional capacity.
- Support the OCC Secretariat with documentation and archiving of materials related to the 2017 Ontario Climate Symposium, including development of a Summary Proceedings document, and archiving of video and audio recordings of sessions;
- Support the development and maintenance of CEKAPs formal research agenda;
- Participate in research activities that align with CEKAP’s Research Agenda, including research to identify policy gaps and identify investment strategies that engage private and public sector entities;
- Draft social media content for the CEKAP website (e.g. blogs, newsletters);
- Support the organization of CEKAP related events (e.g. workshops, webinars.