The Research Assistant will support the Project Manager with knowledge mobilization related to the Region of Peel climate change vulnerability assessments, as well as the development of outcome-based adaptation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Climate Change vulnerability and risk assessments were completed by the OCC for the Region of Peel on multiple systems (including: agriculture, municipal services and assets, natural system). Work is ongoing to mobilize the knowledge generated through decision maker summaries and the development of a broader communications strategy.
Ongoing work on KPIs focuses on the development of measurable links (through indicators) between climate adaptation actions, outcomes, and municipal strategies. The objective of this project is to facilitate the development of KPIs, and to develop guidance for the development of outcome-based performance indicators that could inform a broader decision making criteria for municipalities.
This position is a 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday to Friday work week, however there is some availability to work remotely (out–of–office).
Value and Duration
- 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Details to be discussed with Consortium
- Graduate level student in Environmental Studies, Geography, Communication, or a related discipline;
- Specialized knowledge of, or interest in climate change, vulnerability and risk assessments, and monitoring of resiliency at the municipal scale in Ontario and Canada;
- Strong communication skills, particularly written;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a very dynamic team;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Compmetency with Microsoft office suite (particularly word, excel, and PowerPoint);
- 3+ years of work experience in a professional capacity.
- Support to the Project Manager and external contractor in the development of climate change vulnerability decision maker summaries;
- Coordinate the publishing of the technical reports and summaries;
- Support the development of a communication strategy;
- Document the framework for the development of adaptation outcome-based KPIs, as well as support the organization of stakeholder engagements, and research to identify strategies to fill outcome-based monitoring gaps;
- Draft social media content for the OCC website (e.g. blogs, newsletters);
- Support the organization of OCC related events (e.g. workshops, webinars).