Announced in November 2010, the Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program will help the best doctoral students from around the world to study in Ontario. Each OTS is worth $40,000 annually and is renewable for a maximum of four years. Ontario universities will be responsible for selecting and awarding the OTS to international PhD students based on merit and program criteria.
Value and Duration
- $40,000 renewable for up to four years
In order to be eligible to hold an OTS, the nominated student must:
- be an international student with a first class average. (at least an A- in the last two years of full-time study)
- be accepted as a full-time PhD student at York University in 2018-2019 as part of the nominating department's quota
- not be currently studying at an Ontario postsecondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
- not be intending to enroll in a qualifying or make-up year
- not be holding another scholarship or fellowship from the MTCU (i.e. OGS or QEII-GSST) or Tri-Council (SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, Vanier)
- not be holding funding from other international sources that may not be held concurrently with the Trillium Award (see Scholarship and Awards Coordinator for details)
How to Apply
Graduate Program Responsibility
- Graduate programs are encouraged to contact eligible and qualified candidates for nomination.
- Each graduate program may nominate a maximum of two eligible candidates in rank order.
Note: students cannot apply directly to FGS. They must be nominated by their Graduate Program
- Application form (to be completed by the nominee)
- Letter of nomination (supplied by the graduate program director)
- Copy of admissions file including a statement of interest, two reference letters and all transcripts (supplied by graduate program office), and,
- Up-to-date CV outlining past research contributions, publications, awards and other accomplishments, if such information is not included in the admissions file.
- Graduate program offices