The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health.
For more information about the Vanier CGS, please visit the program website.
Value and Duration
- $50,000 per year up to three years
- Canadian or International students are eligible;
- have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020;
- have achieved a first–class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full–time study or equivalent; and
- not have already received a doctoral–level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, SSHRC or NSERC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Nomination Process and Deadline
The preliminary application process is now complete. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Vanier CGS Competition.