The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health.
For more information about the Vanier CGS, please visit the program website.
Value and Duration
- $50,000 per year, up to three years
- Canadian or International students are eligible;
- have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2021;
- have achieved a first–class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full–time study or equivalent; and
- not have already received a doctoral–level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, SSHRC or NSERC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
The preliminary application period for this opportunity has now ended. Next year's nomination cycle is expected to open in June 2021. Applicants may wish to consult this guide for detailed instructions on the Vanier process