— Wellness Consultation & Counselling Services continue to be available to graduate students via phone and videoconferencing options. Appointments are available between 9:00am – 4:00pm from Monday-Friday.
Already have an account?
Welcome back! Please sign-in to your account to access the booking calendar by clicking on the "Book an Appointment" button below.
Don't yet have an account?
Please use the "Book an Appointment" button below to access the client portal where you can click "Create Account” to get started.
For questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Wellness Consultation & Counselling Service, a program of Graduate Student Wellness Services at York University. Attending a Wellness Consultation & Counselling session can act as a starting place for graduate students seeking to enhance, maintain, or address concerns related to their mental health and well-being. The service is offered by trained counsellors and can assist in addressing a variety of needs and concerns. Sessions are confidential and last 50 minutes.
Graduate students can request a wellness consultation for help with:
- Concerns about mental health
- Balancing life as a graduate student
- Personal wellness goal setting
- Transitioning to graduate school
- Difficulty coping with stress, anxiety, low mood, self-doubt, relationship difficulties, overwhelm or isolation
- Staying healthy while progressing through one’s degree program
- Exploring options for mental health and wellness services at York University or in the community
- Psychoeducation and resources
Information a student shares during a wellness consultation is confidential within legal and ethical limits. Please review our privacy statement (.pdf) for more information.
Booking a Wellness Consultation
- Online: View the appointment calendar and select an available date and time. oab.owlpractice.ca/yorkgradwellness
- Phone: Call Graduate Student Wellness Services at 416-736-2100 ext. 33379
- Email: Send an email to Graduate Student Wellness Services at email@example.com
The Wellness Consultation & Counselling Service operates from a single-session and short-term counselling model. You can expect to talk about what is most important to you and get support coming up with a plan for next steps. The Wellness Consultation & Counselling Service is not single-use and graduate students are welcomed to re-access the service in the future for a follow-up appointment or to address a new concern.
Accessing the Wellness Consultation & Counselling Service does not exclude graduate students from utilizing other campus supports. Graduate students are also welcomed to access counselling services through the Student Counselling, Health & Well-being office.
Student Counselling, Health & Well-being
N110, Bennett Centre for Student Service
All registered part–time and full–time York University graduate students may access the wellness consultation service. Graduate students who are not currently registered active, but are on an approved leave from their studies, may also access the service.
Cancelling/Changing an Appointment
Whenever possible, please keep your appointment as scheduled. If you need to cancel or change your appointment, you can do so in the client portal by selecting your upcoming appointment and clicking “Cancel”. You can also cancel by notifying the Manager, Graduate Student Wellness Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Whenever possible, please cancel with at least 24 hours advance notice. Students who miss multiple appointments, without adequate prior notification, may not be eligible for further services.
Graduate Student Wellness Services
T (416) 736-2100 Ext. 33379
In Case of Crisis or Need for Urgent Assistance:
- Call 911 if there is immediate risk or danger to yourself or others.
- On campus, contact Security Services at 416-736-5333 or ext. 33333 from a York campus phone. Available 24/7.
- You can go to the nearest hospital or visit your primary care physician. Humber River Hospital is the nearest emergency department to York University's Keele campus.
- Student Counselling, Health & Well-being offers same day appointments. Reach them at 416-736-5297.
- Call the Good2Talk confidential helpline for post secondary students. Available 24/7 1-866-925-5454
- The Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education office, located at 301 York Lanes, is here to support you. They can be reached 24/7 at 416-736-5211