The focus on extensive practice and feedback is what makes the program meaningful, and is what makes the learning stick.
To create opportunities for participants to build and practice their presentation skills by applying workshop concepts through a series of short presentation practices while receiving in-person peer and expert feedback.
Through participating and completing this workshop, participants will:
- Broaden their understanding of presentation logistics
- Gain a greater ability to persuade and motivate others
- Understand how to plan and structure presentations
- Understand how (and how not to) use visual aids
- Learn to engage others through genuine and authentic presentation
- Learn tools to overcome and manage fears of public speaking
- Gain onsite practice and receive expert and peer feedback
- Be perceived as an expert in their topic area
Key Topic Areas:
- Types Of Presentations
- Mind maps as a design tool
- Constructing your Argument
- Opening & closing
- Length & Breaks
- Q & A
- Why people fear presenting
- Overcoming Fear
Engaging Your Audience
- Developing rapport
- Body language & Voice
- Questioning the audience
- Room Layout
- Getting there early
- Whiteboards & Flipcharts
- Visual Aids
- There is no cost to attend the workshop.
- The pre-authorization of a valid credit card is REQUIRED to complete and secure your registration.
- Participants can modify or cancel their registration without penalty up to 5 days prior to the workshop.
- Modifications or cancellations made less than 5 days before the workshop are subject to a $50 fee.
- Participants are required to attend the workshop in its entirety. Those who choose to not participate for the entire duration of the workshop will be charged a $50.00 “Withdrawal” fee.