Graduate Students and Post Doctoral Fellows are invited to participate in a workshop entitled The Role of Science in Public Policy presented by Dr. Maurice Bitran.
This workshop is co-offered to graduate students as part of the NSERC CREATE Program: Integrating Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics from Earth to Space (IACPES)
(We will begin the day with Coffee/tea/juice, muffins, cookies, etc. at 8:45 am.)
9:30 am - 12:30 pm.
(There will be a 15 minute coffee break - time tbd)
- The policy development process
- The scientist point of view
- The policy analyst point of view
- A framework for the development of science-based policies
- The communication of science-based policies
- The communication of risk
- The precautionary principle
- Open Discussion & Questions
Time & Location
Tuesday, April 5, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm., York University, Stedman D
Please register in advance.
Contact IACPES@yorku.ca to receive your Eventbrite invitation.