Emily Andrew and Randy Schmidt, editors at University of British Columbia Press, are holding a book publishing talk at York University.
It consists of a 45-minute presentation followed by a question and answer period.
All faculty and PhD students are welcome to attend. The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing in the humanities and social sciences. It will provide an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press. Topics of discussion include:
• what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
• how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
• how to prepare an attractive prospectus
• how to turn your thesis into a book
• sources of funding for scholarly monographs and collections
• e-books and open access
• what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email Emily Andrew (email@example.com) or Randy Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org).