Join the Faculty of Graduate Studies as we take part in celebrating Pride and Indigenous History Month with others across campus.
York University is a leading Canadian post-secondary institution that values equity, diversity and inclusion.
Throughout this important month, we will be amplifying past and ongoing work, accomplishments, and research making positive change, and that honours the diverse experiences of our Graduate community members.
- Introducing the first Queer Graduate Student Caucus
- Grad student addresses food insecurity in Ontario as co-founder of a grassroots community initiative
- Innovative research celebrated at graduate scholars reception
- Anti-bullying project on LGBTQ youth, a vital resource in schools and beyond
- Hate crime book says legal, policy deliberation is microcosm for larger debate
Indigenous History Month
- Study on Anishinaabe ways of knowing could transform universities’ knowledge creation
- Books illustrate thought leadership in Indigenous-formed and -led research
- Putting things right: Indigenous wisdom applied to sustainable water governance
- Landmark dental care study in Indigenous population shows failures in system
- Webinar features York VP Sheila Cote-Meek discussing decolonizing and Indigenizing education in Canada